The United Economic Forum strives to work to improve the socio-economic status of the backward community and society at large. Founded in 1979 by Alhaj Dr B.S. Abdur Rahman, Visionary and Educationist, the United Economic Forum aims to bring together Industrialists, Businessmen, Entrepreneurs, Technocrats, Professionals, Intellectuals and NGOs to work for the common good of the community.
The forum today is a premier Chamber of Commerce and seeks to be a significant contributor to Economic, Educational and Social transformation of the State of Tamilnadu.
One among the forum's many goals is to work towards the development of Entrepreneurs, offer them the latest in training, technology and access to emerging opportunities, innovations, emerging markets, government concessions and facilitate project financing that include Sharia-compliant funds.
- To function as a Chamber of Commerce for promoting Trade, Commerce and Industry.
- To provide entrepreneurial support for existing members as also to encourage and mentor aspiring and budding ones.
- To actively promote networking among members as well as other trade organisations and chambers to identify mutually beneficial intra and inter industry opportunities.
- To hold dialogue with government by providing feedback from the industry on policy matters, advocate and help fine-tune policies and legislations to protect the interest of Commerce and Industry.
- To conduct market surveys, carry out economic research and circulate findings to members through newsletters, economic bulletins, circulars and IT tools, and also share information on sound principles of Commerce and Industry among its members.
- To organize Trade and Investment missions for members to explore investment and business development potential in India and globally.
- To setup an Advisory & Investment Facilitation Cell comprising of experts in the field of Finance, Law, Investment, Market Research as Advisors for the purpose of Facilitating Private Equity Finance including Shariah Compliant Funds for Projects & Businesses undertaken by its Members.
After successful two trade summits in 2015 and 2017 and an International Roundtable in 2018, the third edition of UEF TRADE SUMMIT is all set to return on a much bigger scale with better prospects. This one-of-a-kind event will be presented during December 2020 as a direct initiative of the prestigious UEF Chamber Of Commerce. Building on the experience, outcome and expectations of the previous editions of the TRADE SUMMITS, the UEF Chamber Of Commerce will provide further impetus to the UEF World Summit through professional diligence, valuable insight, innovative excellence and world-class quality standards making it one of the most sought after trade events in the industry.